Schenectady County Embraces Diversity
Schenectady County Embraces Diversity (SCED) Program
SCED is a program for both youth and adults designed to create new ways to talk about Schenectady County’s diverse community. Participants gain a deeper understanding of the issues that divide populations and identify possible solutions to address their concerns.
Dialogue to Change (for adults)
Study Circles (for middle & high school students)
SCED provides support to local networks and seeks change through advocacy
- Small groups (12 to 15 people).
- Structured sessions led by trained facilitator(s).
- Personal stories leading to shared understanding.
- Setting to share knowledge, resources, power and decision making.
- Plans for action are developed and implemented.