Program Vision: Everyone has access to healthy, nutritious food.
Food Program, Summer Meals and more…
- The food program provides bags of nutritious groceries to households in Schenectady County.
- Summer meals program ensures children have nutritious breakfasts and lunches during the summer months.
- Other support services include assistance with SNAP, health insurance, nutrition education, and employment information. Special programs include Senior Connect and Sit & Knit.
- A community garden is available to help residents grow fresh, healthy food.
SiCM Mission: Relating the resources of the congregations to the needs of the community.
The SiCM Food Pantry wants to make sure you are not stuck in the cold this winter. To minimize exposure (whether it’s the elements or the ever present risk of COVID and other illnesses) we are asking you to call ahead if you need food. Call the pantry at 518-346-4445 to set up an appointment for food pickup. Is your family under quarantine? You might qualify for delivery! Call 518-346-4445 between 9AM-2PM Mon-Friday.
- Bags of nutritious groceries available to residents in Schenectady County
- Open year-round Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays
- Call Pantry for eligibility requirements
- Van rides home are available to guests
- Mass distribution of groceries is the last Thursday of each month
- On-site help with Food Stamp/SNAP applications.
- Information on health insurance, employment resources are available at Food Pantry.
- Sit & Knit Program. Guests and volunteers knit together; program introduces guests to the food programs.
- Senior Connect Program. Introduces seniors to the food programs and provides activities that encourage healthy food and lifestyles.
Contact Shelly today by emailing her at SFord@sicm.us for more information or dialing 518-374-2683 x 111.
- Residents have access to a local community garden.
- 18 residents participate in the garden.
- Purpose is to help residents have fresh, healthy food.
- Community and faith-based organizations/congregations and individuals may volunteer to assist gardeners.
- Garden is open from April through November
Summer Meals Program
Summer Meals Program
- Breakfasts and lunches served throughout the summer time in Schenectady and Scotia.
- Supplemental activities available at sites, such as books, arts & crafts, etc.
- Volunteer teams still needed to serve meals.
- Take a look at the summer meals schedule!
Funding provided in part by:
Regional Food Bank Concerned for Hungry Post Office Food Drive Annual SiCM Fund-raisers (Soup’er Bowl Harvest for the Food Program) Individual Donors Congregations And others