Program Vision: Everyone has access to healthy, nutritious food.
Food Program, Summer Meals and more…
- The food program provides bags of nutritious groceries to households in Schenectady County.
- Summer meals program ensures children have nutritious breakfasts and lunches during the summer months.
- Other support services include assistance with SNAP, health insurance, nutrition education, and employment information. Special programs include Senior Connect and Sit & Knit.
- A community garden is available to help residents grow fresh, healthy food.
SiCM Mission: Relating the resources of the congregations to the needs of the community.
- Bags of nutritious groceries available to residents in Schenectady County
- Open year-round Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays
- Call Pantry for eligibility requirements
- Van rides home are available to guests
- Mass distribution of groceries is the last Thursday of each month
- On-site help with Food Stamp/SNAP applications.
- Information on health insurance, employment resources are available at Food Pantry.
- Sit & Knit Program. Guests and volunteers knit together; program introduces guests to the food programs.
- Senior Connect Program. Introduces seniors to the food programs and provides activities that encourage healthy food and lifestyles.
- Residents have access to a local community garden.
- 18 residents participate in the garden.
- Purpose is to help residents have fresh, healthy food.
- Community and faith-based organizations/congregations and individuals may volunteer to assist gardeners.
- Garden is open from April through November
Summer Meals Program
Summer Meals Program
- Breakfasts and lunches served throughout the summer time in Schenectady and Scotia.
- Supplemental activities available at sites, such as books, arts & crafts, etc.
- Volunteer teams still needed to serve meals.
- Take a look at the summer meals schedule!
Funding provided in part by:
Regional Food Bank Concerned for Hungry Post Office Food Drive Annual SiCM Fund-raisers (Soup’er Bowl Harvest for the Food Program) Individual Donors Congregations And others