Staff Accountant / Business Manager
24-28 Hours per week
The Schenectady Inner City Ministry (SiCM), a nonprofit, faith-based, non-sectarian organization founded in 1967 seeks applicants for the position of Staff Accountant/Business Manager. SiCM develops and manages social programs with and on behalf of the faith community. Currently SiCM’s focal areas are: (1) food insecurity (hunger and poverty); (2) youth, seniors, and families; (3) diversity and acceptance; and (4) collaborations, partnerships, and advocacy. This is a part time position, with some flexibility of days and hours. Further information on SiCM is available at the SiCM web site: www.sicm.us.
The Staff Accountant/Business Manager performs the overall financial management and office/HR/ facilities management for the organization.
- Process A/P & prepare checks for approval.
- Record donations, A/R invoicing & payments, prepare deposits.
- Generate bi-weekly QuickBooks payroll.
- Prepare reports and vouchers for funding sources
- Analyze and reconcile detailed general ledger accounts.
- Prepare monthly/yearly financial reports and annual budgets.
- Coordinate with the auditor for the annual audit; compile work papers for internal and external audits.
Human Resources Management:
- Coordinate health, dental and retirement plans and other HR issues.
- Review staff timesheets for payroll.
- File workers compensation and other specialized reports.
- Maintain employee job descriptions, forms and Guidelines.
- Coordinate office building and equipment maintenance and repair, including phone system & copiers.
- Oversee IT, including software selection, hardware decisions, maintenance, and related activities.
- Arrange and monitor property and vehicle insurance policies.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management or related field, and two years of nonprofit accounting/ bookkeeping related experience. An Associate degree and 4 years of progressive related experience may be substituted.
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Access.
- Proficient in GAAP and financial reporting.
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Operate well in a team environment, as well as work independently.
- Strong action orientation and drive for results.
SiCM is an equal opportunity employer. This position operates from a building that is not fully accessible.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Business Manager Search, SiCM, 1055 Wendell Avenue, Schenectady NY 12308; or by email: email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. All resumes submitted will be reviewed, however only those whose background and qualifications most closely match the requirements for the position will be contacted. The position is now available and SiCM will continuously recruit until the position is filled.